Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Celeste Mergens - CEO and Found of Days for Girls

How it all began ...




I had the remarkable opportunity opportunity to meet with Celeste at the Ambassador for Womens Health training in Dhaka last month. She is an amazing lady who is inspiring, down to earth and totally loveable. I spent a couple of days with her in the training, at a function and visiting an orphanage and I was able to learn so much from her. 

Can you imagine 1400 children in one orphanage!  Can you imagine spending 5 days sitting in your room on a piece of cardboard simply because you have your period? Can you imagine being "exploited" just so you can go get some food and water? Can you imagine using a corn husk, or leaves instead of a soft pad?

I can not imagine, but I can do something to help these girls.  It is so wonderful to be part of something that is making a difference. 

Every Girl. Everywhere. Period.




No comments:

Post a Comment