Thursday, November 24, 2016

Crazy Busy but it is all Good Fun

Last weekend I was in Mumbai trying in vain to find a mill that could produce our flannel but sadly none of the leads panned out and I was not able to find flannel to meet our quality standards. Not to worry I still purchased a bit of cotton anyway. (Really you didn't expect me to go to a fabric souk and not buy!!).


Yesterday we had a table at the WGO Winter Bazaar, and thank you to the ladies who dropped by to say hi and a special thank you to lovely Nalini who helped me out on the table spreading the word about DfG. The reception we got from ladies was fantastic and I think we may have found a new volunteers.




Monday 28th we are sewing bags to sell at the MWF Church Christmas fair on Saturday 3rd December. This is an all or nothing day, foot to the floor, scissors sharpened and ready to slice, sergers flying at full speed kind of day! We start at 9.30am, bring a travel mug for your coffee as no open cups allowed near the fabric gals. Using the same bag pattern as DfG just in funky prints to sell so we can buy more fabric (insert mad woman evil laugh here). This all out madness will happen at my house in Atheiba, just behind al fair and we kick off at 9.30am until 1pm. Please send me a message if you can attend and what your "talent" is. You ladies rock my days! Thanks




And for Panagiota, Ann, and Lisa ... 


The 29th we have the TAISM group volunteer event. And we will also have the rescheduledTAISM moms sewing morning with Paula.

We will be participating in the Muscat Women's Fellowship Christmas Bazaar on Saturday 3rd December at the Ghala Church hall. Please come along and say hi.

And finally we will have our December volunteer morning on Sunday 4th December at Bhaja Hall as usual. Kicking off at 8.45am until 12.30pm. I am pretty excited as will be doing our first Kit Packing and aim to have 100 kits packed and ready to go by the end of the morning. We will still be sewing as usual too.

On the 6th December we are having another TAISM volunteer event which will be the last before the winter break.

After the 6th I will slow down my DfGMO speed so that I can spend some time with my family over their winter break holidays. Thanks for your understanding.

Many thanks for all your support.







No comments:

Post a Comment