Saturday, March 18, 2017

Update on our Panty Drive

A very big thank you to everyone who donated panties during our February Panty Drive. 

We collected over 200 pieces from our Muscat members and friends!! 

And the complete "knock-me-over-with-a-feather" surprise was that an anonymous donor kindly gifted us 700 pairs of Ladies Fruit of the Loom women's briefs via Days for Girls HQ and had them sent here! I was so speechless when I got the email. 

The funny thing was this week when the panties arrived and I went to collect the boxes from the central post office. Naturally they thought I was going to sell them here because really what does one woman need with 700 pairs of knickers for personal use ;-) 



It took me a little time and explaining in my very poor broken arabic that these were for kits that would be sent to refugees in Lebanon. The two poor fellas looked very confused. So I started to explain the kits are for periods, menstruation ... well they couldn't get me out of the post office fast enough and NO EXTRA duty was levied, WIN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment