Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Testimony

Take a moment to read this lovely testimonial from Happiness who received a Days for Girls kit...
REPOSTING From Susan Rowe
I am Susan, leader of the Durango DfG team along with my co-leader Sally. I went to Tanzania in the spring with a Health clinic and also helped to distribute 260 DfG kits to a secondary school. More kits were distributed to an orphan school where Happiness is a student. Although I didn't get to meet Happiness this testimony letter was just sent to me and I wanted to share it with ALL of you .It is so wonderful to hear how the DfG kits are so important in helping girls around the world and we as volunteers are helping boost their dignity and "Happyness" 
HAPPYNESS M. KIT TESTIMONY
"My name is Happyness M. I am happy to have my girls kit. I use to have problem and fear before I got my Kit. I was much worried when approaching my days. Sometimes it starts when at school and I was forced to go back home or ask my parent, teachers and friends for help. I had hard time on how to get clean clothe or money to buy the pads.Sometimes I used old clothes that were not promising and this worried me a lot. I hate being born a girl.
But now Iam happy. I have a lot of confidence in me.I can attend lessons without much worries.The reason is only one.
I have my girls Kit.The kits help me stay in school season in and out. They are easy to carry and to use. When you put them on, you feel comfortable. I can wash them easily and keep them best.
I don’t use money any more or worried about what to use or where to get money. For they are long lasting, it gives me even hope for tomorrow and days to come. When I wash them I must be very careful.My friends and neighbours want them too. It is only that I cannot share them, I love my kit so much.It is mine and mine alone!
Happiness M."

Don't forget to join us for the NEXT VOLUNTEER DAY - Sunday 7th October!

No comments:

Post a Comment