Thursday, October 13, 2016

#We Will Rise - A Must Watch

I have just finished watching the CNN special #We Will Rise and it was magical and inspiring and gave me goosebumps.

There is even a mention about menstrual kits in the beginning with Meryl Streep in Morocco.

As I watched I was working on our DfG drawstring bags and I felt so  humbled to know that this simple act of sewing and helping Days For Girls reach all these amazing women and girls IS making a difference.




So grab a cuppa and watch this lovely piece of journalism. So nice and refreshing when we are constantly being bombarded with political trash, and showbiz nonsense.

I will definitely be showing it to my daughter over the weekend.

https://youtu.be/Fjf4rx3KjYw


And then if you want to hear Michelle Obama talk about the making of the documentary and the girls involved this is a great watch.  The song that opens it finishes at 7 minutes and then Meryl Streep talks and introduces the First Lady.


Take care and thank you for being part of our lovely Days for Girls community.


No comments:

Post a Comment